Sunita’s success story


“Biting my nails, when I sat there, waiting for my turn, watching the players from other countries, with posh standards and all facilities, my heart pumped faster.  And then I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and remembered my time at the school, my friends, my family, my coach… and then I thought... if I can do it there... I can do it anywhere!” 
- Sunita

And she did it! This is a success story of one of our school girls Sunita, who won a Silver in an international Karate Championship, where five different countries participated. It was like a dream come true... a dream that she was allowed to dream at FFLV.



“If I was not at FFLV, I would have got married by now.”
- Sunita

Thank you to you all friends and supporters of FFLV who made this happen for her. Now is time to give a chance to other girls who will, otherwise, never get a chance to tap their talents. These girls have so much potential!

FFLV is always finding new ways to benefit these girls. Our current plan is the Global Giving Competition that we are participating in. We can win this competition if we have maximum number of donors. We just ask you to donate $10.00 and encourage your friends to do the same. We will be automatic winners if we are in the top 6 organizations. We will get a share in the $80,000, which is the prize money and also a chance to be displayed on the Girl Effect website for one complete year!

Donating is very easy. You can pay by paypal, cheque, credit card, or a gift card here.

If you are a USA citizen you can also donate by sending a simple text from your mobile phone. Simply type GIVE 8803 to 80088 to donate $10 to Prevent Child Marriage, Educate 75 Girls in India. Message and data rates may apply. Only works for US mobile phones.

To keep yourself updated on where we stand, please follow this link

1 comment:

beauty said...

I think your emotions in your blog are completely honest to you and your friends/readers. Thanks for sharing.